American Equestrian Design - John A. Blackburn
Blackburn Architects leads the world in the design of equestrian facilities that are beautiful and innovative. The firm's common-sense approach delivers impressive facilities for horses, while at the same time designing a structure that fits into the regional vernacular architecture with pleasing results. This is an exciting journey through a body of work spanning nearly four decades, with reviews of a plethora of designs that highlight discoveries and innovations made along the way. The firm also looks forward to a more sustainable future, as it continues to push for the inclusion of ever-more innovative systems and environmental protections. This lavishly illustrated monograph is a celebration of the history of this specialist architecture firm, a beautiful showcase of some of the most jaw-dropping designs of horse stables and barns.
- A beautifully photographed monograph showcasing the exquisite work of renowned equestrian architecture specialists, Blackburn Architects
- Covering completed works across the United States, including incorporating the regional traditional architecture into stunning stable designs
- Featuring accessible descriptions of each project by the designers, detailing innovations, including the concept of aerodynamic ventilation, the importance of strategic natural light, and how to incorporate passive solar heating and cooling
- An inspiring read for the experienced rider, trainer, or aspiring equestrian with a love of horses
- A must-have for every horse aficionado